Wednesday, December 9, 2015

From the Inbox

Verbatim transcript of a recent email exchange with a marketing firm:



Hello,

i would like to inform you that my client is in binary options trade and he like to post an article with link in your blog "http://blakeandrews.blogspot.com"

waiting for your respond


to J--d
OK. What is the article. And what do you need from me?

my client is in binary options trade and he likes to post an article with link in your blog, so he wants to know if you approve it and how much you wants for such links 

best regards 

to J--d 
My standard rate is $.25 per link per 200 page views. If the article mentions me or my photos the rate doubles. And this month only I'm running a special offer in conjunction with Paris Climate talks. Posts which mention global warming or environmental issues receive a 20% discount.
If you're interested, please pass along a proposal and I'll have a look. 
Thanks, 
Blake Andrews

We can pay per 1 year if you wants, we can find something with the climate talks, but we prefer permanent link.


to J--d 
What qualifies as a permanent link? I believe that nothing is permanent. Even on the internet.  
What country are you located in? I may need to look into tax implications if we proceed with this. 
Yours truly, 
Blake Andrews


we would like the post to be online for a minimum of 1 year, and im from Anguilla.

best regards 


to J--d
OK, great. I'll post the article as soon as I receive payment. It will remain online for one year, after which you can extend the posting at a discounted rate of $.10 per link per 200 page views.
The article will discuss climate change, photography, and many other contemporary topics of interest to the 25-44 demographic. And as a bonus, I'm willing to mention Anguilla several times.
Please reply to confirm.
With kindest regards, I remain,
-B


okay we can pay you 110$ per year, but first i need to have final approval from my client so i will inform you next week.

have a nice weekend


to J--d
Does the $110 per year include payment for the photo rights? Also —and I'm just tossing this in as last minute idea, feel free to reject— what about adding some audio files to the piece? I think a tie in with the new Adele 25 album could make for an enhanced user experience, not to mention potentially handsome cross promotional possibilities.
I will be at my Des Moines retreat this weekend. If you have feedback on these ideas, please contact my assistant Amy at this same email address.
Cordially,
-B

no music we can send you a photo if you like


to J--d 
OK. Please send the photo. I will incorporate it into the piece. 
Thanks,
-B

okay great that means you will write the article 



to J--d 
Fine. But I need to receive payment first. And I need to iron out a few of the essay details. Must the article mention binary options trading? Or would a simple link suffice? Who are the major sponsors seeking product placement? And finally, forgive me for being forward, but I also need to know what you're wearing. 
Yours ever,
Blake Andrews

for example, will you be able to link to https://www.binaryuno.com or a similar website from the article? If so, you can use the brand name as anchor text but it must fit and flow naturally inside the text

waiting for your answer

to J--d
Unfortunately my blog platform enforces a link character cap. But it may work anyway. Would https://www.binaryun.com work for you instead? It's only one letter different, and I'm guessing it would not detract any from the main message of the article. Please reply if acceptable.
Affectionately, with greatest esteem and respect,
-B